7 Months!!
Wes turned the lucky number 7 last week -- 7 months that is! It has been a very big month for him! Since we last posted, he is sitting up, scooting/army crawling all over the place, cut his first tooth and learned to say dah-dah-dah and yah-yah-yah! Whew! It seems like every day he wakes up with some new and exciting trick! He's up to 3 meals a day of solid foods and is not yet picky about what he eats (let's hope that keeps up!).
Funny story about his first tooth...Wes has had a hard time recently with back to back ear infections as well as a case of bronchitis. We have been so preoccupied with humidifiers, snot suckers, tylenol and antibiotics that I hadn't really thought about his teething status in a while. We knew that he had been drooling a lot and gnawing on anything and everything, but it had been a couple of weeks since I had actually inspected his gums. One day last week he was very fussy which is uncharacteristic for Wes. After hours of not knowing what was wrong, I decided to take a peek at his gums. To my surprise I discovered this little tooth poking up through his gums! Sweet little guy cut his first tooth without me even knowing what was going on! Ha! Brave guy though to tough it out!
Below are photos that highlight the last month...
Wes was a very handsome valentine this year!
My mom used to always give us a little present and card on Valentine's Day, and I couldn't resist keeping up with tradition this year now that I have my own little one.
Wes loves to stand up like a big boy these days! Notice the giant wet ring around his collar--the drool is just unbelievable these days!
Wes showed an interest in Gigi and Papa's little dog Daisy for the first time!He got very excited to get up close to her!
If you know anything about Jeremy, you know he loves to grill and smoke meat of all kinds!So, when I saw this little Wes sized grill, I couldn't help myself! Wes loves to play with it. It talks in this hysterical southern/country voice and Wes just gets so tickled by it! No matter where he is in the room, he makes his way over to where the grill is. Daddy couldn't be more proud!



Wes and Daddy are ready for baseball season!Go Dodgers! I think Wes might be as excited as Jeremy!


I love this little hat so much that I had to grab a few photos of Wes in it! (Turns out that this hat is a very popular item as several of Wes's little buddies have the same exact one!)This is a video I took of Wes a while back, but forgot to include it in his six month post. Wes had come down with a yucky cold and one day he was having a lot of trouble sleeping because he was so congested. He not only let me suck his nose while he was sleeping, but he actually thought it was hysterical! I apologize in advance for the gross snot sucking noises! Try to just focus on the giggles!
Watch Wes show off his new army crawl move! He's really gettin' around these days!
It is hard to believe how fast our sweet guy is growing and changing! It seems like every day he wakes up with a new trick! We can't wait to see what the next month holds!


1 comment:
You're little guy is just absolutely ADORABLE. It appears y'all have the parenting thing down pretty good. I know R&V are thrilled.
Post a Comment