I just love the feeling of purging! I don't do it often enough, but when I do it feels so good to just get rid of stuff. We have such a bad habit of somehow just accumulating stuff! A few weeks ago we held a garage sale with some of our friends. Together we had a great collection of items. Our friends Robert and Katie volunteered to host it in their driveway which was very kind. We sold most everything and what didn't sell we boxed up and took to Goodwill. The biggest challenge, though, was trying not buy other people's things! I think I am going to make this summer garage sale an annual event. It would be good for me to purge my house once a year!
Here's the whole sale right before kick-off at 6:00am!

Enjoying some cool drinks while manning the money table...Unfortunately it turned out to be a really hot day!

Load 'em up! Goodwill got what was left. It was not about to go back in my house again!

Katie did manage to sneak away with one of my shirts that I was selling. Hopefully she'll take the price sticker off before wearing it in public! Also notice the garage sale signs that Jeremy and Robert poured their creative juices into!

At the end of the day, I highly recommend a good purge! It is very therapeutic!
1 comment:
This post makes me so proud! :)
Post a Comment