


Being a "commuter" is not one of the greatest joys in my life. I am sure that if you are a commuter you would agree with me. It is especially rough on days when I am running out of the house, already frazzled, at 6:55 shouting a quick "Bye! Love you!" to my husband who is either sitting at his desk sipping coffee, or still sleeping. (Jeremy works from home, as many of you know). "This isn't fair!" I often think to myself.
But, God has been working on my heart. He is getting me to open my eyes to the beauty He has placed right before my eyes each and every day just for my pleasure. For the majority of my commute I get to follow the pacific coastline. How many people get to say that?
So, as I am driving each and every day, back and forth to work, I am trying to focus more on God and less on myself.
Here are some photos of my commute that I took from my car one day.
But, God has been working on my heart. He is getting me to open my eyes to the beauty He has placed right before my eyes each and every day just for my pleasure. For the majority of my commute I get to follow the pacific coastline. How many people get to say that?
So, as I am driving each and every day, back and forth to work, I am trying to focus more on God and less on myself.
Here are some photos of my commute that I took from my car one day.


3 comments:
Amber, I too, have to rush out the door for a commute to work( leaving Dave just up or sometimes already working at the computer), but mine is not early as gorgeous as yours!! But I have learned to use that time to say Good morning to God and pray abut my day and the kids...and my family. I often get to watch the sun peek over the Sierras as God is "waking up" the world. I have learned to appreciate the morning with Him on my way to work. Your photos are beautiful!! Enjoy our commute.....Love, Aunt Judy
Sounds a lot like me and Virginia at different times over the years... although I never did work from home. Tell Jeremy that I'm ALWAYS up to see his mom off... well... almost.
One more thing... who was driving while you were shooting????? :-)
I read this, and thought it could have been my words. I love it once I hit PCH on my commute because it is so beautiful...as long as I take the time to enjoy it. And I too am running out the door at 6:30 while Micah is still sleeping. It really isn't very fair.
: ) Miss you guys. hope to see you at lectures.
Post a Comment