Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Here are some of the things we've been up to lately...

First and foremost, I am done with school and on summer vacation! And, it couldn't have come at a better time! Just as I was starting to slow down, school ended and I can now focus on Little J, rest when I need to and put my feet up as much as I can. I love the summer!

We were also given some amazing seats at a Dodger game recently (right along the first base line)! Check them out! So much fun!


A couple of weeks ago we were honored to be guests at our friend, Chris's, graduation at UCLA. Congratulations, Dr. Collins! Thanks for including us in your big day!


Speaking of Dr. Collins...when he isn't busy being intellectual, he generously gives of his time to help us with home improvement projects. Last weekend Jeremy, Chris and Cliff installed crown molding in the nursery. (note how Cliff does not require a step stool!) The moldings look amazing and Jeremy has been busy since then perfecting his caulking skills! He never ceases to amaze me with the new talents he continues to reveal!



And, here I am at 34 weeks! I am feeling pretty good still. Our little guy continues to pass his non-stress tests each week. Thank you for your prayers. He is a very active little guy and we relish the time we spend together feeling him move and kick and squirm. What will this little boy be like when he arrives? We can't wait to meet him and find out! My belly continues to measure ahead of my due date. My doctor will continue to monitor this and we'll just go one week at a time.


We have completed all of our childbirth classes, feeding classes and newborn care classes! We officially know enough to know that we are just along for the ride in this whole thing in many ways! We know all the basics and the rest we will figure out with time and prayer.

There is still much to do to get ready for Little J's arrival. Fortunately, I have reinforcements coming! My mom, dad and aunt are coming into town this weekend to assist in all things baby and I have my sister and friends here who I call on a regular basis to help me get things done. I feel blessed to already be so well taken care of!

But for now, back to putting my feet up.... :)

3 comments:

Amanda Brooke Kilgore said...

You are looking GREAT - just a cute skinny little (yet tall) thing! Little J's arrival is right around the corner - can't wait to see pics of him. Oh, and I love the cowboy themed baby room. I did the vintage cowboy thing with Grant's nursery and "big boy room", and I have really enjoyed it. It's a great theme that can follow him throughout the years (unlike Barney - ha ha).

Jill said...

Amber, you look so beautiful in this picture (love that shirt)! Glad you are feeling well. Your nursery looks really nice...wish I knew how to do all those home improvement projects! I am eagerly awaiting the arrival of your little one! Take care of yourself!

April Spicer said...

You looks soooooooooo incredibly adorable in this picture!!! I am so happy for you both. What a blessed little family you have. I cannot wait to see pictures. It's all going to be wonderful---even when it's hard or tiring. God bless this little pumpkin! Did you decide on the name????? Miss you Amber!