We hope that you were blessed with a day to reflect upon the miracle of our Lord's resurrection! As part of our Easter Service at church, Jeremy lead worship and I lead a children's chorus. I have been rehearsing with them for weeks to give a special musical presentation on Easter Sunday. I had 20 kids as a part of the chorus and they were wonderful! They sang beautifully and brought so much joy to the church.
My favorite part of working with the kids was taking advantage of all of the teaching moments that unexpectedly popped up during our rehearsals. In addition to the usual "we walk with quiet feet," "we keep our hands to ourselves," and "singing louder doesn't mean yelling," there was one unforgettable moment. One evening I was talking to the kids about smiling while singing so that we can share our joy with the church and one little 4 year old boy said, "Miss Amber, I think we really should smile because we are singing about the most joyful news! Jesus is alive! We shouldn't look sad!" My heart melted. Kids never cease to amaze and inspire me!
Speaking of kids, our little one is growing well. I am 24 weeks and counting! Our little man continues to kick and squirm and flip and flop. I am feeling good these days, embracing the belly and loving getting to feel our little one moving and even see him move around from the outside! So strange and yet, so awesome! Our little guy already loves his daddy so much! One night Jeremy came home at 2am from the studio. I was, obviously, fast asleep. But, as soon as Jeremy spoke to me, baby boy immediately became alert and starting having a party in my belly! I think he was just so excited his daddy was home!
Recently, though, the Won By One plague of 2009 hit with a vengeance! Jeremy has been spending a lot of time with Won By One recording their new album and this horrible, terrible, no good, very bad chest cold gradually worked its way through each and every member, then onto Jeremy, who then brought it home to me! The hardest part is not being able to take hardly any medicine to ease the symptoms. The doctor said to rest and let it run its course. And he assured me that, despite my fears of causing major earthquakes for our little guy with all of the coughing, he is well protected and can handle it.
This week I am going to enjoy a wonderful week of vacation! I am so excited that Neisha and Zeke are going to come down to visit for a few days and we hope to make some progress on all things baby related. First on the agenda is fabric for the crib bedding. Wish us luck!
Latest pick at 24 weeks!


4 comments:
Amber, you look fabulous! Can't believe you are already 24 weeks! Seems to me like your pregnancy is flying by- hope you are enjoying it. We miss you and JJ so much. Talk soon!
kd
Hey! I love hearing about how much you LOVE being pregnant! Isn't it just the most amazing feeling? You look beautiful, and I can't wait to see you at Pepperdine next week. Let's hook up for coffee and pie to catch up, okay? Love you guys!
You look beautiful, Amber!
I know I see you every week and talk to you regularly, but I am waiting for a new post.....
Sarah ;)
Post a Comment