Friday, March 14, 2008

Today I wrapped up my second round of parent conferences for the year. Wow, they are truly exhausting! I think it all came out to be about 8 hourse of conferencing between the two days. Whew! To give you a feel for it all, here are a few memorable parent quotes from the past two days:

"I don't know what to do anymore. My child is just weird!"

"Does my child have his fingers in his nose a lot in the classroom?"

"How can I encourage my son to go number 2 at school and not hold it in?"

"How is this report card going to affect my child's chances of matriculating into high school?" (Keep in mind I teach FIRST GRADE!)

But, in the end, here is why we teachers do what we do:

"Thank you so much for loving my child."

"Thank you for teaching my child to read."

"My child loves school!"

"I can't beleive how much my child has learned this year."

It's always an adventure with parent conference time!

1 comment:

Erica Foster said...

What the heck does matriculating mean? haha. That's awesome.