Thursday, August 09, 2007

Shake, Shake, Shake!!

Early this morning, just before 1am, Jeremy and I were jolted awake by a 4.5 earthquake! It wasn't strong enough to do any damage, just a few things knocked to the ground. It wasn't one of these swaying type of earthquakes. It was just one huge jolt. There was a loud boom and then felt as if someone picked up our building and then just let it drop. Living in California all of my life, I am no stranger to earthquakes. However, when they do hit, they still shake me up. (no pun intended) And it was a good reminder to see your home through the eyes of an earthquake...hhmmm...maybe I should rethink that wall-hanging, take that off the bookshelf, stabilize that cabinet. Ah, the joys of earthquake country.....

2 comments:

Tamalani Barnett said...

We felt it too! Clark and I stood in a doorway - we were too out of it to really stand, it was more like leaning. These little ones are okay I guess but I'm scared of the next big one! Reason #1 why there is no art above my bed!

Katie and Robert said...

I was out of town, Robert and Belle slept right through it! I remember the 1994 Northridge quake, I was in Woodland Hills that night! Talk about Shake shake shake!! I've heard the next one will be near Palm Springs area, next to where the San Andreas fault is that hasn't seen activity in a long time.