Thursday, July 27, 2006

Well, my summer vacation is more than half over. I cannot beleive how quickly summer vacations can fly by for us teachers! When school is out in June it feels as if you have nothing but this encredibly huge expanse of time set out before you. "What will I do with all of this time?" I ask myself. Then, before I know it, August is approaching, the back to school commercials start appearing on tv and the school supplies begin emerging at stores with large signs saying "Back To School!" While this can be an exciting time, I think I speak for many teachers when I say "NO! NOT YET!" It is not that we, teachers, don't love our job...it's just that we love our vacations as well! If you are a teacher, can I get an AMEN?

For now, I guess I just need to focus on enjoying the last few weeks of summer before the classroom gets opened back up and the work begins again.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just be thankful you have a classroom to go to! Some of newly credentialed teachers are still praying for a job!!!
Cristie:)

Tracey Clem said...

Hey girl, when do you start back to school? I know what you mean...even though I'm not a teacher, I can't believe we're halfway through August.

By the way, HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!! :)

Love you and miss you!
Trace

Anonymous said...

hey amber- I hope you are enjoying these last few days of summer! you are in my thoughts today! hope to catch up soon!

Take care!